The new online Prospectus will be launched on 17 April 2019. The search options have been improved and the information is presented in a clearer fashion. The improvements were based on the wishes of the students and staff.
During the development of the new Prospectus, we held various sessions for students and staff to find out what they thought should be improved. Their feedback led to the following improvements:
- additional search options, including advanced filter lists that allow you to apply filters such as bachelor’s, master’s and exchange students
- a clearer visualisation of the semester and blocks in which courses take place
- the possibility to apply language filters
- shorter text fields with a ‘read more’ button for more detailed information
- better search algorithms that make it easier to search for optional courses
- a simpler and more intuitive way to enter information.
You will be able to view the Prospectus through the regular channels from 17 April. The homepage will look different, but searching for courses is fairly self-explanatory. If you have any questions, please get in touch with the chief editor for your faculty or the functional management team for the Prospectus.
Further improvements will be made in phases over the coming months. We plan to continue developing the Prospectus together with the students and staff.
The redevelopment of the Prospectus is one of the projects in the Harmonisation of Educational Logistics programmes, which aims to improve our educational processes and give students more control over their studies. For more information, see https://www.staff.universiteitleiden.nl/vr/harmonisation-of-educational-logistics.