Courses for PhD candidates November: register now
Please find a list of courses with start dates in November for which there are still spots available. The dates indicate the start date for the course, but note that courses may cover more than 1 session.
- Academic outreach: an introduction to sharing your research via social and conventional media – November 5
- Research-Based Business: Introduction to Commercialization Entrepreneurship for Academics – November 11
- Presenting skills for PhDs – November 12
- Creative Thinking Techniques – November 14
- Giving and receiving feedback in an intercultural and inclusive context – November 14
- Negotiating for PhDs – November 15
- Effective communication: How to build effective work relationships – November 18
- !NEW! Blogging about your research – November 19
- Improve your memory – November 20
- Networking skills for young scientists – November 22
- Mindmapping – November 26
- Knowledge Utilisation – November 28
- Speed reading – November 28
- !NEW! - Strengthening your academic resilience – December 6
Courses for Postdocs
- Basic management and leadership skills for Post docs – November 7
- Giving and receiving feedback (in an intercultural and inclusive context) – November 14
Manage your career
- Job Interview Skills – November 12 (morning or afternoon session)
- Job Orientation – November 21
- Career guidance - you can make an appointment with one of the career advisors for expert advice on your career and development. You can find more information via this link.
- Also check out the PhD Career Platform.
Registration and Payment
There is a fee for course participation. This fee should be paid by your institute or graduate school. This means that you will need a budget (SAP) number to register. Please consult your supervisor to find out which number to use.
- Employed PhD candidates: if you are a PhD candidate with employee status, you will need a budget (SAP) number to register (choose the 'Register (Staff)' button). Please consult your supervisor or institute manager to find out which number to use.
- Contract PhD candidates: if you are on a scholarship, register with the 'Register (Guest/LUMC)' button. Then select 'PhD (Leiden University)', and fill in your employee number and last name, before selecting 'Payment by employer' and entering your faculty’s address together with a budget (SAP) number. Please consult your supervisor or graduate school to find out which number to use.
- LUMC PhD candidates: if you are affiliated to the LUMC, register with the button 'Register (Guest/LUMC)'. Then select 'PhD (LUMC)', and follow the instructions on the form. You will need a budget (SAP) number. Please consult your supervisor to find out which number to use.
- External PhD candidates: if you are an external PhD candidate (without funds), you will need to discuss with your supervisor whether there is a budget for you to participate in courses.
- If you have registered for a course, but you don’t show up because it turns out that you can’t make it, the graduate school or institute will be charged with the costs for the course.
- Please check the website for more information, more start dates (also for 2020), and even more courses.