E-mail ....@archol.nl: recognize phishing
A phishing e-mail has been sent to many employees of Leiden University. The mail was sent from an address that ends with ….@archol.nl, subject title ‘Handleiding deponeren’. Do not click on the PDF link.
How can you protect yourself against phishing?
- Don’t react to e-mails requesting personal data
- Always check the website’s certificate. The address bar or the text in the address balk should be green. This indicates that this is a secure connection from a specific bank.
- If you receive a suspicious phone call hang up and contact the organisation in question. Ask whether they really initiated the call.
- Always report phishing e-mails (even if they supposedly come from the ISSC) to the ISSC helpdesk at telephone 8888.
Did you receive a phishing e-mail?
Always report phishing mails at the ISSC Helpdesk. Forward the phishing mail as an attachment. To do this, follow these steps:
- in the Outlook window, click "Home” on the top left.
- there you will find the option "More" next to "Forward".
- if you click "More", you will find the option "Forward as attachment".