Install the Windows 10 update on your work laptop or desktop as soon as possible
Are you using a Windows University laptop or desktop to work from home? Read below how to update the software from home.
Please immediately install the upcoming Windows 10 update as soon as it becomes available. To safely work from home it is important to install updates regularly.
It will take five to 20 minutes to install the updates, so it’s a good idea to update your computer at the end of the day.
To update the software from home do the following:
- Click on the Windows Start button and type ‘update’. The search results will appear straight away.
- From the results choose Check for updates. The Windows Update window will open.
- You do not have to download and install the Windows 10 version 1909 update (yet). Read more on the helpdesk portal.
- PLEASE NOTE: In this window DO NOT select the grey button [Check for updates] but click instead on the link directly below: Check online for updates from Microsoft Update.
If you don’t see this link, click on Advanced Windows Update options and set the second switch (Automatically download Updates) to On and click the arrow <- at the top left to return to the previous screen.
Then click again on Advanced Windows Update options and now set the second switch to Off and click the arrow <- at the top left to return to the previous screen.
Now click on Check online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- The PC will look online for updates and if there are any, it will automatically download and install them. You may be asked to restart your PC to complete the update.