Set up extra security for Office 365, OneDrive, Teams and Skype for Business from 22 April
From 22 April, you will no longer be able to sign into Teams, Office 365, OneDrive and Skype for Business with your ULCN account alone, but will need to go through an extra security step. You will have to verify your identity with Microsoft Authenticator, which you will need to install on your phone. This provides an extra level of security for your account and protects it from hackers and other malicious parties. This measure only applies to staff and does not apply to students for now.
What can you do now?
- Download Microsoft Authenticator from the App store (iOS) or Play store (Android).
- Do not open or configure the app yet. This will only be possible once the extra security step has been enabled by the University.
What do you do on 22 April?
Before you start:
- Don't install the Authenticator app on your telephone just before your first meeting in Teams. Take at least a quarter of an hour for configuration
- Log out of Office 365, Teams, OneDrive and Skype for Business. Both online and on all devices on which you have installed the apps
- Have the manual at hand and make sure to follow all steps. Setting up the authenticator will be quicker this way
- Log in to portal.office.com on your computer with ULCNusername@vuw.leidenuniv.nl and your password.
- The message "More information needed" will now appear on the screen
- Configure Microsoft Authenticator on your phone using the manual
- If you log in to Teams, Office 365, OneDrive or Skype for Business, you will now receive a notification that you must confirm in the app
If you are unable to get it working, please contact the ISSC helpdesk. It wil open an hour earlier on Wednesday 22 April: the helpdesk opens at 7.30 and can be reached via +31 71 527 8888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not want to use the app or do not have a smartphone, you can choose another method: a text message or an automatic phone call (manual). Choose whichever method suits you best and configure this the first time you sign in Office 365, OneDrive, Teams and Skype for Business. You can always change your chosen authentication method at a later date. Your personal data is protected in the app.
Video: how to install the Authenticator app
This video can not be shown because you did not accept cookies.You can leave our website to view this video.