Call for proposals CIAS
The Centre for Indigenous America Studies (CIAS) is a joint project of the Faculty of Archaeology (FoA) and the Leiden University Centre for Linguistics (LUCL) of the Faculty of Humanities. CIAS aims to contribute to an increased recognition and understanding of Indigenous knowledge and the rights of Indigenous Peoples in the Americas through three key strategies: reconstructing, describing and preserving cultural and linguistic diversity.
CIAS wants to expand its network within Leiden University by inviting early and/or established researchers working on these goals and strategies to apply for small grants of up to € 2.500,00 to consolidate or improve their research projects, collaborations and/or outreach.
The funds are intended as suplementary resources to strengthen or to expand research activities, community collaborations, or public outreach within wider projects already under way or about to start. At the end of the period proposed, beneficiaries will have to submit a narrative / scientific and financial report. If a concrete output results from research and/or work benefitted from this grant, we ask that CIAS is acknowledged in the credits; ie. publication, conference presentation, website or other.
A non-exhaustive list of the proposals that could potentially be supported with small grants from CIAS is the following:
- Academic exchange workshops of researchers and Indigenous experts.
- Creation of digital platforms for collaborative analysis.
- Training activities for students and Indigenous collaborators.
- Design and printing of educational or public dissemination materials.
- Economic support for field researchers and Indigenous collaborators.
People with an interest in receiving this support should send a short proposal (1-2 pages) consisting of the following:
- Description of the activities to be supported with the small grant.
- Description of the general project and its objectives, as well as expected deliverables.
- General plan for the use of the small grant (budget).
- Explanation of how the activities correspond to CIAS goals and strategies.
- General consideration of ways in which the proposal could benefit Indigenous communities and partners, or promote collaborations between academia and Indigenous peoples.
Proposals should be sent to email@example.com.
This call closes August 31st, 2020. Proposals will then be evaluated by CIAS Board and successful applications will be anounced on October the 1st, 2020.