Cyber security training: new data and cancellation
Cyber security and privacy are subjects that deserve extra attention, especially in these times of corona and working from home. Do you want to learn about the safety, security and privacy risks during your daily work? Then register for the online training.
Security specialist David Ruijs of ACA IT-Solutions provides the training. He will discuss the following topics during the training:
- How do hackers work and what are the consequences of cybercrime?
- How can I create a secure password and remember it easily?
- And how is a password cracked?
- How do I recognize a 'legitimate' and fake link?
- When is a connection secured?
- Various practical examples.
The training is intended for employees of Leiden University. Anyone interested can register free of charge.
Please note: the language of instruction is Dutch.
Data - update 12 October 2020
The training sessions on October 8 had to be canceled and the training sessions on Thursday (October 15) unfortunately cannot take place either. Instead, you can sign up for the training at one of the following dates:
- Thursday 29 October: 10.00 - 12.00 hrs
- Thursday 29 October: 14.00 - 16.00 hrs
- Monday 9 November: 14.00 - 16.00 hrs
- Thursday 12 November: 10.00 - 12.00 hrs
Online via Kaltura
The training courses take place online via Kaltura, the internal video platform of Leiden University.
After registration you will receive a link to Kaltura by email.Sign up