Corona & teaching and research at our faculty: update September 29, 2020
As of 18.00 hrs September 29, 2020, new measures will apply for the whole of the Netherlands. On behalf of the Faculty Board, we would like to inform you about what this means for teaching and research at our faculty.
- For the time being, all teaching at our faculty buildings will proceed as scheduled.
- The measure concerning a maximum number of 30 people in a room does not apply to education. All lecture halls and workgroup rooms indicate the maximum number of students allowed on the door.
- The number of study places available in libraries for our students will stay the same.
- Wearing face masks at our buildings is not obligatory. If for personal reasons you want to wear a face mask, this is at your own discretion.
- Always do the Corona check before coming to teach at the faculty.
- Travelling for the purpose of teaching falls within the ‘necessary travel’ category.
- Research will be conducted as far as possible from home.
- Requests to come at work on location should be discussed with your manager, who can apply for access to faculty buildings. PhD candidates can apply for access via the PhD Dean Jean-Pierre van der Rest: email@example.com.
- Travelling to conferences and seminars is not allowed.
- We work from home, unless you need to be in the faculty.
- Meetings, discussions, brainstorm sessions are therefore done in MS Teams.
- Institute outings, teambuilding sessions etc. whether internal or external are not allowed.
- Requests to come and work at the faculty should be discussed with your manager, who can apply for access.
- If you still have questions about the measures, click here for all up-to-date information. And do you have any concerns? Contact your manager.
As soon as there are new developments, you will receive new information.
We wish you all the best. Take good care of yourself and your loved ones.
See here for the FAQs in relation to teaching at our faculty.