Universiteit Leiden

nl en

Human resources

Are you a UK national and do you live and work in the Netherlands?

30 November 2020

The United Kingdom (UK) left the European Union (EU) on 31 January 2020. A transition period is now in place until 31 December 2020. From 1 January 2021, as a UK national, you will need a residence document to continue to live (and work) in the Netherlands. 

Kind request to our British colleagues

  1. If you are residing in the Netherlands please make sure you arrange your residence after Brexit. Information can be found on the website of the Dutch Immigration Service (IND).
  2. As your employer, we are required to upload a copy of both sides of your residence permit (as soon as you have received it) to your digital personal file. We therefore kindly request that you send these scans to scis@leidenuniv.nl, with Brexit as the subject, at your earliest convenience if you have not already done so. 
This website uses cookies.  More information.