Tip: Working together on a file using Teams
Do you wish to work with colleagues directly in a document, a presentation or other type of file? In Teams, you can either work together on it simultaneously, or watch while one of you makes the document.
It is possible to create new files as well as to upload files in an existing Microsoft Teams team.
- Open Teams
- Click on the Teams icon on the left hand side in the menu
- Select the team in which you wish to create or share the file
Once you have selected the team you will see the Files tab at the top.
- Create a new file or a new folder using the menu option New.
- Select the menu option Upload to add an existing folder or file to Teams from the local drive of your PC or laptop.
- Once the file is ready for sharing, go back to the tab File in the selected team.
- Click on the three horizontal dots behind the file name.
- Select Copy link.
- In the new window that opens, select Copy.
- Next, use Paste (or CTRL-V) to add the link e.g. to your email message or in the Teams chat.