Exchanging ideas about everyday educational challenges? Sign up for a peer-to-peer meeting!
At these times you may feel the need to gain new insights together with fellow lecturers. In May, the Faculty of Science (SOSZ) organizes, in collaboration with ICLON, various online peer-to-peer meetings (intervison) for lecturers. During these meetings the focus will be on educational challenges and everyday situations that teachers find themselves in.
The intervision meetings are accessible for all Science teachers who hold a BKO certificate. Each group of 6-8 teachers is supervised by an experienced intervision expert from ICLON.
What will be discussed?
During each meeting, 2-3 cases are discussed. Examples of cases are:
- A thesis student who started successfully, but after 6 weeks he/she doesn't answer anymore.
- A group of students that continuously disrupts the lesson during lectures.
- Students who do not prepare for the working groups
Why a peer coaching format?
By distancing yourself from your everyday teaching experiences and through critical and open questions from colleagues, you can examine the issue and explore suitable solutions and new action perspectives. Our experience is that every active participant will gain important insights throughout this process. It will also enable you to substantiate your didactic choices even better.
The meetings consist of 4 online meetings. Each meeting lasts for 1.5 hours. The meetings are part of an intervision pilot for FWN, so we will ask you to complete a short evaluation after the meetings
- Group 1 (Dutch): Tuesday 25 May, 8 June, 22 June en 6 July (10.30 – 12.00 hr)
- Group 2 (English): Wednesday, 12 May, 26 May, 9 June and 23 June (13.00 – 14.30 hr)
- Group 3 (Dutch): Thursday 20 en 27 May and 3 and 10 June (10.00 - 11.30 hr)
Registration is open until 10 May 2021.