Migration to Exchange Online
From 10 to 22 May all FGGA Outlook mailboxes and agendas will be migrated to Exchange Online. Do you only use a personal mailbox and calendar in Outlook? If so, you do not have to do anything yourself. The migration process takes place in the background and your mailbox and calendar will remain available.
Why are we migrating to Exchange Online?
We are migrating in order to realise better integration between the various Office 365 apps. Exchange Online also offers better security (for instance against phishing mails). After migration, we can also introduce a number of new apps that only work when using Exchange Online, such as Bookings and To Do.
How can I prepare for mail migration?
- Possibly you have connected other mailboxes besides your own. Make sure you write down the name of these mailboxes beforehand so they can be added again after the migration.
- Download the Outlook app for your mobile phone. You can find it in the Play Store (for Android phones) or the App Store (for iPhone phones).
What will I notice after the migration?
- Your regular mailbox, archive folders and calendar on your university (management) PC or laptop are automatically transferred to the new mail environment and are immediately available in Outlook. Mailboxes that you manage next to your own mailbox, so-called functional (or shared) mailboxes, are no longer linked and need to be added again. (See explanation on helpdesk portal KI 1137)
- On your phone, tablet or personal device you can now use the Outlook app again. You can also continue to use your current mail app, but you will need to reconnect your mailbox. This also applies to other operating systems such as Mac and Linux (helpdesk portal KI 1205).
- You can find your webmail in your browser if you log in to office.com and then choose the Outlook Online app (helpdesk portal KI 1612). If you choose the address of the old webmail via webmail.campus.leidenuniv.nl you will be temporarily redirected to the Outlook Online app.
Attention: If you have to log in again, it concerns an Office 365 login and you will also be asked for your MultiFactor Authentication (helpdesk portal KI 2081).
Will I get support if something does not work as expected?
Should you encounter any problems as a result of the migration, please contact the helpdesk. This can be done in the following ways;
- Send us an e-mail via: (firstname.lastname@example.org) or,
- Contact the helpdesk via the helpdesk portal on the staff website.
We will then contact you as soon as possible.