Call for Abstracts: CAA Chapter Meeting 9-10 December
CAA Netherlands/Flanders are planning to organise the 2021 chapter meeting at the Faculty of Archaeology at Leiden University, the Netherlands, on December 9-10 2021. We are aiming to organise an in-person meeting, but due to the ever evolving COVID-19 situation we will also make sure hybrid or fully online solutions are considered.
With ever increasing ubiquity of digital tools and practices, and applications related to data science in archaeology, the organising committee is expecting a prolific event that critically focuses on the theory and practice of digital and quantitative methods in archaeology. The topics that can be addressed by the participants include (but are not limited to):
- Pandemic proof archaeology
- Big data and machine learning
- Semantic web and linked open data
- Open science and reproducibility
- Museums and digital archaeology
- Archaeology and gaming
- Teaching (digital) archaeology
- Quantitative approaches to archaeology
- Legacy data in digital archaeology
- Mobile GIS and data recording strategies
- Little minions (short (10 minutes) talks on little digital helpers)
- Spatial and temporal fuzziness and uncertainty in archaeology
- Remote sensing and landscape archaeology
We welcome proposals for 20-minute papers on any of the above topics, in both English and Dutch.
Abstracts will be reviewed by the organising committee. Abstracts should include name and surname, university, institute or company (if applicable), e-mail, title, and abstract text (max. 300 words).
Deadline for abstract submission is the 10th of October.