Job vacancy: Social Media Officer WIIS-NL
Are you passionate about social media? Are you engaged with gender issues in the Netherlands and beyond? Are you a Dutch speaker? Are you able to volunteer for a good cause?
WIIS-NL is looking for an experienced and creative social media specialist to join our team as Social Media Officer (SMO). As our SMO you will be responsible for developing and implementing a Social Media strategy to increase WIIS NL’s online presence. You will also create content for all of our social media platforms, monitor site metrics, as well as build and engage with our audience. You will be an active member of the WIIS-NL board and work closely with the Digital, Membership and Events Officers to expand our reach.
Women in International Security -Netherlands (WIIS-NL) is an affiliate of WIIS Global, an organization dedicated to advancing the leadership and professional development of women in the field of international peace and security. WIIS-NL subscribers include: professionals, civil servants, academics, NGOs, employees of international bodies and organizations, embassy staff, politicians, students, and interested members of the general public. The Chapter’s base is Leiden University in The Hague. For more information, click here.
- Develop and execute a results-driven social media strategy;
- Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms, including original written, video and photo content;
- Attend events and produce live social media content;
- Collaborate with the Digital and Events Officers to create a social media calendar;
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends and keep up to date with latest best practices and technologies;
- Build and maintain a strong online community by interacting with users and responding to social media messages, inquiries, and comments, as well as reaching out to industry professionals and influences to create a strong network;
- Moderate user-generated content and messages appropriately, based on community policies;
- Track and analyze analytics reports to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and effectiveness; utilize this information to affect future outcomes.
Necessary skills and qualifications
- Fluent Dutch speaker;
- Previous experience developing and executing an organization-wide social media strategy;
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and other social media including knowledge of business applications of these platforms;
- Understanding of social media metrics; ability to interpret the results and take action to increase effectiveness of social media campaigns. • Strong copywriting and copy-editing skills;
- Good time management skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Willingness to be flexible and take on additional tasks at the request of the WIIS Board.
How to apply
Send a copy of your C.V and a short cover letter (500 words max) stating why you think you are a good candidate and how you would build WIIS-NL social media presence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note this is a volunteer role. WIIS-NL operates as a foundation [Stichting] and cannot compensate board members for their work. The successful candidate can expect to need to spend about 2-3 hours per week on this role.