Support with streaming your hybrid course
Emergency technical support
If the streaming equipment in your lecture room does not work properly or you experience trouble setting it up, emergency support is available! To make this service better visible, the support students will be located in the atrium near the lecture halls.
Also the support students will have better recognizable clothing. If you do not see the support student, call 8888 (in the options menu, choose 4!): the helpdesk has the mobile number of the student and also backup available in case the student is busy.
For rooms without equipment (workgroup rooms, labs, schervenzaal etc.) portable webcams can be collected from the reception. These can be requested through:
- The helpdesk portal: helpdesk.universiteitleiden.nl > Teaching support & digital learning environment > Moderation and media equipment (72 hours in advance for guaranteed success)
- Calling 8888 (in case of short notice),
Of course the technical support is also available for this equipment.
As a teacher you can request moderation for your lecture. When you request this, a student-assistant will be available during the entire duration of the class! Moderators can help you with the following tasks:
- Assisting students and staff in case technical problems.
- Moderating the chat function, so that online students can ask questions and join discussions.
- Welcome the students both in the room and online.
- Share welcome messages and community guidelines with all attendees.
Requests can be made through the helpdesk portal: helpdesk.universiteitleiden.nl > Teaching support & digital learning environment > Moderation and media equipment