Update 4 November 2021: Adjustments coronavirus measures & our faculty
The Dutch government has taken measures to reduce current cases of COVID-19. So we are required to make adjustments once again. Fortunately, we have demonstrated during the past period that we can do this successfully together. Please see below how the new national measures will affect our faculty as of 6 November 2021.
Respect the basic rules for everyone's safety
- Get tested if you have symptoms! Stay at home if you have symptoms and have a test done at a GGD test location – even if you have already been vaccinated.
- If the test is positive: stay at home and avoid contact with other people, even if they are vaccinated.
- 1.5 metres is a safe distance to keep. Protect yourself and others.
- Don’t shake hands.
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Ensure sufficient fresh air and ventilation in indoor areas.
- For the time being, all teaching at our faculty buildings will proceed as scheduled. We will keep a close watch on the situation and government policy.
- Always do the Corona Check before coming to teach at the faculty.
- Outside the classroom, everyone must wear a face mask in all University buildings. It is not compulsory to wear a face mask during class, but if you want to wear a face mask when teaching you may of course do so.
- Staff will work at least 50% from home, unless you need to be at the faculty to teach or conduct research. Discuss this with your team and your manager.
- Travel to work outside peak hours if possible.
- End-of-year social gatherings have perhaps been planned for the coming weeks in the run up to the holiday period. It is not wise to organise large-scale events at the University at this time. You are requested to consider alternatives such as lunches with fewer people where it is possible to keep a distance. The programme for the faculty end-of-year events will be adjusted. PhD ceremonies and inaugural lectures will proceed in their current form. Any adjustments will be announced in the agenda.
- It is important to have a safe and healthy place to work from home. Do you need extra facilities? Let your manager know.
- Always do the corona Check before coming to the faculty.
- Do you have concerns? Don’t hesitate to contact your manager.
If you still have questions about the coronavirus measures, check the website for all up-to-date information and the campus protocol.
Take good care of yourself and your loved ones.