Call for Submission: LeidenGlobal photo exhibition on Crafting Cultures
Crafts and innovation have gone hand in hand for decades. A re-evaluation of craft and craftsmanship in different cultures becomes more and more visible. This is not a nostalgic return to an idealised past. It is a search for scenarios that offer a better life for future generations. Crafts can play a central role in different sciences and innovation. Across material disciplines, craft processes have driven breakthroughs that have passed into the other field.
Call for submissions
Researchers from different disciplines have dealt with crafts in their research, sometimes as main topic, sometimes accidental. LeidenGlobal invites scholars affiliated to one of the LeidenGlobal partners to submit a photo related to the theme of craftsmanship, specifically where tradition and innovation are fused through craft.
- A photograph of an object, an activity, or people, related to craft and craftsmanship
- The image is of high-resolution (300dpi) and good quality
- The photo is free of copyrights
- If the photo is not taken by you, name the photographer and make sure you have his/her permission
- The submission includes a short description (max 100 words) about the topic of the photo and the context in which it was taken.
Please send your photo and text, including your name, email address, phone number and name of your institute to LeidenGlobal (email@example.com) before January 5th 2022.When the picture of your project is chosen, you will be contacted for more information about the project.
Note: After an earlier call, a few submissions have been chosen by LeidenGlobal to be part of this exhibition. The new submissions that will be chosen after this call, will be added to the exhibition that will be launched in Spring