Claim your commuting allowance by 12 January 2022
If you have worked at the office in the past few months, you are eligible for a commuting allowance. As we are approaching the end of the financial year, there are two deadlines in January for submitting your claim:
- Staff have until 12 January 2022 to claim for days travelled in October, November and December.
- Managers have until 14 January 2022 to approve the claim.
A number of conditions apply to the commuting allowance:
- The amount you receive depends on the number of kilometres you travel and the days on which you actually travelled.
- You must submit the days on which you actually travelled within three months of the month in which you travelled. For days travelled in October, November and December, the deadline is 12 January 2022.
- You will only receive an allowance if you live more than 10 kilometres from your work.
- However, do submit your days travelled if you live within a radius of 10 kilometres from your work. This information is needed to calculate your commuting allowance via the Individual Choices Model.
Commuting expenses via the Individual Choices Model
If you applied before 1 December 2021 to have commuting expenses reimbursed via the Individual choices model, your commuting days for December will automatically be calculated via the model. This is on the assumption that you have submitted these days.