LUC The Hague: Call for Intro Week Mentors
We are in the middle of our current academic year but we are already looking forward to the arrival of our new cohort of students: the Class of 2025! The Introduction Week for the new students, as well as the exchange students, takes place in August. We are looking for a group of enthusiastic mentors to help welcome them to LUC. Are you a current first year (upcoming second year) student? Read more below!
Mentors will join the following activities/events:
- Dates: Wednesday 20 April & Wednesday 8 June (13:00 - 17:00)
- Location: Auditorium @ AvB
During the mentor meetings we will get the chance to bond, prepare and turn you into super Intro Week mentors.
- Date: Thursday 9 June
- Time: 15:00 - 18:00 (approx)
- Location: Online
We will welcome a group of new students to LUC during the LUC Pre-Union. During this event they will get the chance to get to know their future classmates, Fortuna members, LUC staff and the Introduction Week Mentors.
- Dates: Wednesday June 1 (afternoon), Wednesday 17 (9:00 - 17:00) & Thursday 18 August (9:00 - 17:00)
- Location: AvB
During the Mentor Day we will discuss the programme in detail and work on the final preparations together.
- Dates: Saturday 20 & Sunday 21 August (approx. 9:00 -17:00)
All new students will collect their keys on Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 August on the 1st floor of AvB. As you can imagine these will be very busy days and we, together with the housing team, are responsible for making this an efficient but also fun event. Our mentors will be the hosts of this event and will also be managing the information desk.
- Date: Monday 22 - Friday 26 August
The new students and exchange students are divided into groups and each group has two mentors to guide them through the Introduction. This will be your time to shine as a super Intro Week Mentor!
- Only current first year (upcoming second year) students are able to sign up as mentors.
- Resident Assistants unfortunately cannot be Introduction Week Mentors.
- We will select mentors in pairs, therefore individual mentor application is not possible.
- The application deadline is Thursday 31 March 2022. We will announce the mentor selection during Spring Break.
- When you are selected to be a mentor, you will be assigned to any group of incoming first years.
- Mentors must be available for all the above-mentioned activities/events.
- Mentors will be responsible for the organization of several Introduction Week events. Please keep in mind that this will probably require some work to be done over the summer.
- Mentors will assist the Intro Week Team with the final preparations the week prior to the Introduction Week (15 - 19 August).
- Mentors are expected to attend all events during the Introduction Week.
- Mentors will be available for any questions the new students might have during their first few weeks at LUC.
- Of course our mentors will share in the fun, enjoy the activities and get the first chance to get to know the new students! If you have any questions about being a mentor, please contact the Recruitment & Communications Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)