Update coronavirus 16 February: restrictions eased, many measures lifted
On 15 February the government announced that it was easing its Covid restrictions. Many of the current measures will be lifted on Friday 25 February. The advice on working from home changes as of today to: work no more than half of your working hours at the office (if possible). For our policy on working from home see the staff members site.
We are pleased that the situation is returning to normal but want to ensure this return is safe and gradual. We therefore always look at what is feasible for our students, staff and organisation and consider the options together. After almost two years of Covid measures, we will now start looking at what the ‘new normal’ will be: blended learning (a combination of online and in-person teaching), for instance, and flexible work (combination of working from home and in the office). The Covid measures have required a great deal of flexibility, adaptability and creativity from all of us – and this will continue to be a challenge in the coming period.
Students will find any changes for the coming period in Brightspace or will be informed by their own degree programme. Staff can work more often at University locations once again now the advice on working from home has changed. Discuss this with your manager.
The following will apply from Friday 25 February:
- Face masks will no longer be compulsory inside University buildings. Anyone who wishes to may, of course, still wear one.
- One-and-a-half-metre distancing will no longer be compulsory in our buildings, in neither our teaching rooms nor our offices. However, it is advisable to keep some distance from others if possible.
- There will no longer be a maximum group size. Lectures, inaugural lectures and PhD ceremonies will be possible at maximum room capacity once again. Students will receive information about their classes via Brightspace. The Beadle’s Office will contact those concerned about what this means for inaugural lectures and PhD ceremonies from 18 February.
- The restrictions on catering and sports facilities will be lifted. The opening hours can be found on the relevant websites.
- The Hortus botanicus will be open again without any restrictions.
- Travel abroad will be possible once again. Read more about our travel policy on the student website and the staff members website.
Corona Check and self-tests