Humanitarian aid for Ukraine: donate or volunteer
As a Leiden University student or staff member, you can help to provide humanitarian aid to Ukraine by donating items or volunteering at the university donation centre. All donations will be collected and transported by the Ukrainian Red Cross.
- From 14 March 2022 onwards
- Monday to Friday, 10:00-16:00
- Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences
Wassenaarseweg 52 2333 AK Leiden
Red desks at back of main hall (follow the signs)
What to donate?
Please only donate items on the lists below!
We can accept the following items right away
There are two boxes/desks, so please help out by sorting your donations in advance.
- Canned food
- Buckwheat, quinoa, oatmeal, pearl-barley, millet porridge, lentils, etc.
- Instant porridge
- Instant noodles
- Pasta: fusilli and penne
- White flour
- Dry yeast for bread baking
- Baking powder
- Sunflower oil
- Water in 5-10L bottles
- Baby formula (powder milk)
- Baby wet wipes
- Baby bottles
We can accept the following items from 21 March 2022 onwards after scaling up the operation
- Heart pain medication
- Stress relief medication
- Decompression bandages
- Syringes (2/5/10/20 ml)
- Aminocaproic acid
- Surgical kits
- Skin staplers
- First aid kits (bigger = better)
- Alcohol wipers and alcohol 70%
- Burn treatment
- Sleeping mats
- warm sleeping bags
- thick blankets
- Soap bars
- Shampoo, shower gel (liquids only in hard plastic bottles)
- Dry antiperspirant (no spray)
- Menstrual pads, tampons
- Wet wipes for intimate hygiene
Please do not (yet) donate toys, clothing or flammable products such as aerosols!
As a volunteer, you will be responsible for manning the desks, sorting and labeling donations and carrying boxes to the vans/trucks.
- You can volunteer by sending a mail to Alex Marchenko or Sofia Chernikova.
If you have any questions, please contact:
- Location manager: Giel Zwinkels, email firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 0637657345
- Or send a mail to organisers Alex Marchenko and Sofia Chernikova (Ukrainian students at Leiden University)