Four per cent pay rise in CAO NU 2022-2023 agreement
A new collective labour agreement (CAO) was signed on 10 June 2022 and will remain in effect until 31 March 2023. The main agreements are:
Pay rise and a one-off payment
- As of 1 July 2022 all permanent and temporary staff will receive a 4% pay increase.
- If you are in the University’s employment on 1 July 2022, you will receive a one-off payment of up to €400 gross, based on a full-time contract.
- If you receive the minimum wage for the university sector and you were in the University’s employment on 1 July 2022, you will receive a payment of €750, based on a full-time contract.
- We aim to process the pay rise in July. You will receive the one-off payment by August at the latest.
Improved parental leave
Parental leave has been improved in the new CAO:
- The condition that you are only entitled to parental leave on partial pay if you have been employed for at least one year no longer applies.
- During paid parental leave in the first year of your child’s life, you will receive 70% of your pay instead of 62.5%.
- From the second year of your child’s life, you will receive 62.5% of your pay over the hours of paid parental leave.
- You no longer have to repay your paid parental leave hours if your employment ends within six months of the end of the parental leave.
- The entitlement to 13 weeks of unpaid parental leave continues to apply.
The new rules for parental leave apply from August 2022.
Career perspectives for lecturers
The universities and employers’ organisations are carrying out a joint study into the contractual position of lecturers.
New CAO text available from August
The CAO parties will translate the agreement into a definitive CAO text. They aim to have the full text of the new CAO available online by August 2022.
Please contact your HR adviser.