Four per cent pay rise and one-off payment in new CAO Universities 2022-2023
A new collective labour agreement (CAO) was signed on 9 June 2022 and will remain in effect until 31 March 2023. Part of this new CAO is a 4% pay rise per July 2022 and a one-off payment in July. Below we explain what this means for you:
- As of 1 July 2022 permanent and temporary staff will receive a 4% pay increase.
- The pay rise will take effect with your July 2022 salary payment. The gross monthly salary shown on your salary statement will have increased 4% (how to check your salary statement?).
- The new salary scales are published on this page of the employee website.
- The overview of the payment days of your salary are published on this page of the employee website.
- If you are in the University’s employment on 1 July 2022 you will receive a one-off payment of up to a maximum of € 400 gross, based on a full-time contract (38 hours a week). You will receive the one-off payment pro rata. For example, if you work 36 hours, you will receive € 380 gross (0.95 FTE x € 400). Expection of labour participation employees, interns and board of Governors.
- If you receive the minimum wage for the university sector and you are in the University’s employment on 1 July 2022, you will receive a payment of € 750, based on a full-time contract (38 hours a week). You will receive the one-off payment pro rata.
- You will receive the one-off payment with your salary payment in July. The amount is shown on your salary statement as ‘CAO One-off Gr. Reimburs.’ On your salary statement.
Improved parental leave
Parental leave has been improved in the new CAO. The new rules for parental leave apply from August 2022. You can read more about this in this announcement. If you have any questions about changes to parental leave, please contact your HR advisor.