Summer opening hours at Oude UB, Gravensteen and the Academy Building
During the summer, Oude UB, Gravensteen and the Academy Building will, as usual, have different opening hours:
11 July to 19 August: 07:30 – 18:00.
The restaurant will be closed from 18 July to 26 August. However, the Judirisch (Law) Café in the Kamerlingh Onnes building will be open during this period.
18 July to 19 August: 08:00 -18:00.
11 July to 22 August 08:30 - 17:00.
Tips for staying cool in the office
- If possible, open the doors and windows early in the morning.
- Close the blinds, even if the sun isn’t yet shining on that window.
- Drink plenty of water; you can also get cold water from the drinks machines.
- Don’t skip your break; a change of scenery improves your concentration. Find shade in the garden or by the delivery entrance in Kloksteeg.
- Wear lightweight, loose-fitting clothes.
- Use a fan if necessary; most departments have one and a few are available at the service desk.
- Find a cooler workspace in a different room; many people are off during the summer.
- You can book a cooler workspace via SharedDesk. These can be found in the following corridors: C0, C1, D0, D210, E0, E1, E2, D4 and A2 (Executive Board corridor; check first with the Executive Board secretariat).
- Work in the office in the morning and from home in the afternoon or evening if necessary.
- If you prefer to work from home during the hot spell, follow the usual rules and discuss this first with your manager.
Have a great summer!