Bring interactivity to the classroom with Wooclap
We are pleased to announce that Leiden University has started rolling out the Wooclap platform. Wooclap is a platform that promotes interactivity and participation in classes, face-to-face or remotely. The tool offers a range of possibilities for feedback, voting, quizzing and engaging students in a playful way in their learning activities. It is a save replacement for Kahoot and Mentimeter, which the analysis of Centre for Innovation shows concerns with privacy.
We are looking for 2 teachers per faculty who want to join the education integration test phase from August-December 2022 together with the LU Centre for Innovation. The team will help teachers set up the tool and give didactical and technical support. Moreover, integration in Brightspace and MS Teams will be available for the participating teachers to use in their education.
Why use Wooclap?
Increasing interaction between teachers and students can:
- enhance student attention and involvement,
- improve long-term retention of learning materials,
- identify gaps in knowledge,
- provide immediate feedback about your course,
- bring together online and on-campus students.
Education Integration test information
- Didactical & Technical support from the Centre for InnovationTogether we'll test the integration in Brightspace and MS Teams
- 3 planned contact moments
Setting up, halfway & end review
- Preparing a minimum of 4 presentations with Wooclap
All the content you create will continue to be available after December
The results will be used as examples for teachers and further implementation of the tool.
Interested? Please contact Melissa Amoros Lark.
Test account only
If you are not interested in the education integration working group but still want to test Wooclap, that is also possible.
Then you can create an account* here: https://app.wooclap.com/auth/register/ULNL and start using it right away.
*Please create the account with your university email.