Election student members Programme Committees BSc and MSc Political Science
Dear students in the bachelor’s and master’s programmes of the Institute of Political Science,
Are you passionate about the quality of education in your degree programme? Do you want to gain leadership and communication skills while also representing the educational interests of your fellow students? Then apply to be a candidate for the Programme Committee.
What the Programme Committee is about
The Programme Committee/OLC is one of the ways the educational interests of students are represented within the institute. The Committee monitors the quality of your education. The student members of the Committee are chosen by fellow students and are therefore a contact point and representative of student interests. As a member of the OLC, your core tasks are to
- Help improve the quality of your education by making recommendations
- Evaluate study courses
- Give advice to the Programme Board about important study matters
- Serve on the representative body for students
- Search for solutions to problems students face during their studies
What’s in it for you?
- Attend sessions that build valuable transferable skills
- Develop leadership, communication, and delegation skills
- Be involved in providing advice to the programme board that can influence your education
- Potential for small compensation if your work is completed successfully
How to apply
Should you choose to run, you and the other applicants will conduct a short campaign. At the end of the campaign students will vote for their preferred candidates. The election results determine who serves on the teaching committee.
To apply, please send your name, study programme/year, campaign photo, and short text of a maximum 200 words on why students should vote for you to your Student Member of the Programme Board Arianna Pearlstein at studentlid.pol@FSW.leidenuniv.nl.
Should you have any questions, you are also welcome to contact the email above. Applications are open from 19 to 27 September 2022.