Tip: the safest way to charge your work phone
We’re constantly charging our smartphones and tablets, at work too. But the chargers for these electrical devices can be a fire hazard. This is because they can easily overheat. And short circuits are a risk with cabled devices anyway. Here are some tips for reducing the fire risk when charging electrical devices:
- Remove the device from the charger once it is fully charged.
- Unplug the charger when it’s not in use.
- Use a charger from the phone’s manufacturer. Don’t use cheap alternatives.
- Don’t use the cable if it is damaged, for example if it is bent or frayed.
- Always remove chargers from the socket when you leave work (or at home: before you go to bed).
More info? For more information about safely charging batteries, see the fire brigade website (in Dutch).