Education, Organisation, Human resources
Wanted: Student Ambassador - International Relations and Organisations
Are you excited about the BSc Political Science: International Relations and Organisations programme? Do you have a good antenna for what is going on within and outside the classroom? Are you good at sharing your knowledge and experiences with prospective students? We are looking for you, our student ambassador for the BSc Political Science: International Relations and Organisations in The Hague!
From February 2024 until August 2024, BSc Political Science: International Relations and Organisations (IRO) is looking for a: Student Ambassador (13 hours a week).
- Organising and participating in promotional activities: providing information about the programme at University (online) Open Days, Experience Days, Q&A’s, student-for-a-day-events; visiting (Dutch) high schools.
- Being in touch with prospective students through, for example, email and UniBuddy.
- Reporting back on signals/trends from/in the primary target group, in particular regarding the image of Leiden University and the IRO programme.
- Work with the Leiden student ambassador to run the Instagram account.
Setting up and leading a promotional information team consisting of students from the IRO programme (recruiting and selecting students; training and deploying students), in consultation with the programme staff.
Coordinating/carrying out school visits (providing information about the programme/Leiden University in schools; either in person or delegating to another member of the information team.
Organising informative activities, working together with the Institute Recruitment Officer (i.e. from organising and setting up the activities all through to tidying up at the end).
Creating standard information materials for the information team and keeping them up to date (for example a PowerPoint presentation about the programme).
Create and post content for the Institute’s Instragram account.
We are looking for a student who fulfils the following requirements:
- Preferably a first- or second-year student of IRO.
- Good study results.
- Affinity with providing information.
- Be presentable, enthusiastic, reliable and proactive.
- Well-organised and professional.
We are offering
An interesting and varied position, offering valuable work experience in addition to your study. We offer a temporary position for one year, with the possibility of renewal. Salary according to scale Student Assistant of the CAO of Dutch Universities.
Please keep in mind: in order to be allowed to work as a Student Ambassador, in accordance with Dutch Labour law, you will need to have a Dutch health insurance, additionally, if you are from outside the European Union, you will need to have a residence permit that allows you to work in The Netherlands.
Information and application
For more information on this position, contact Nathalie van Dooren. Please send your application letter and CV before 8 January 2024 to the same e-mail address.