Universiteit Leiden

nl en

Human resources

Going abroad for (field)work for more than four weeks? Fill out the form!

11 April 2024

As mentioned in the e-mail sent to you on February 20, you will need an A1 certificate if you are planning a fieldwork and/or business trip abroad for more than four weeks. Fill out your summer season travel plans as soon as possible.

An A1 certificate declares that you work for us (University of Leiden) as an employee abroad but are/remain insured in the Netherlands for unemployment, illness, and incapacity for work. This is necessary to avoid risks such as additional tax payments in another country.

This applies to all employees with an employment contract of the University of Leiden and if you go abroad for more than four weeks, but less than three months, to carry out fieldwork on behalf of our university.

This website uses cookies.  More information.