In case of an adverse event, you may have to evacuate a building as quickly and calmly as possible. Emergency response coordinators will help you evacuate the building.
Evacuation plan in case of calamities
The alarm goes off
- Leave the building as soon as possible via the closest exit or emergency exit.
- Follow the evacuation route symbols (white pictograms on a green background)
- Warn the evacuators that there are still people in the building.
- Do not use the lifts. Use the stairs instead.
- Always follow the instructions of the emergency personnel (brightly coloured jackets).
- Above all: Remain calm.
Emergency Response Service (BHV)
The Emergency Response Service is responsible for dealing with local incidents of limited scope, such as evacuating people, providing first aid, and first deployment in case of fire.
You can read more about raising alarm and evacuation in the buildings of the Faculty of Science in AMD infosheet A040 Calamities and incidents