All persons making use of Leiden University buildings and grounds must comply with the general University house rules. These are listed in the Regulations on the Use of University Buildings, Grounds and Other Facilities, and are intended to guarantee order and safety for guests and staff alike.
In addition to the University Regulations, some University locations also have their own house rules. Violation of the local house rules or the University Regulations may lead to exclusion from a building.
Download the arrangement
Use of university buildings, terrains and other facilities regulationDownload
The most important house rules of the Leiden University Campus The Hague are:
- Admission in the evening and at the weekend only for employees, students and alumni connected to Leiden University with a valid LU card.
- It is not permitted to make your LU card available to third parties.
- Eating and drinking is only allowed in the designated area. Only bottles of water are allowed in the library and lecture rooms.
- Smoking is only permitted in the smoking zone. A smoking ban applies to the outside area at the entrance to the buildings. This also applies to electronic cigarettes.
- The study rooms and any designated areas are silence zones; conducting conversations is not permitted.
- Do not leave your valuables unattended. Leiden University cannot be held responsible for the loss of or damage to personal property.
- It is not permitted to take animals with you, with the exception of recognized assistance dogs.
- In the event of an evacuation, you must leave the building immediately and follow the instructions of (company) care providers and / or evacuators.
- Only store bicycles in the racks in the bicycle shed and bring them with you before closing time.
- Let us jointly ensure the liveability and cleanliness of the building.
- You must follow the instructions of reception staff.