If you come to work by car, you can apply for a parking subscription for one of Leiden University’s parking areas. The subscription is simply added to your LU Card. You can then use your LU Card to access the parking area.
Request or extend parking subscription
Pay for your parking subscription and change your details via the ‘Parking subscription’ tile in the Service Portal.Request
How it works
- Go to the Service Portal and log in with your ULCN account
- Click on the Parking subscription tile
- Choose an annual or monthly subscription and enter your license plate.
- Choose a parking location. You get automatic access to all parking areas within your zone. Do you want access to parking areas in other zones? Below you can read about the options.
- Choose how you want to pay. You can pay via iDeal or with your credit card. If you pay online before 11 p.m., the changes will already take effect the following day.
- The subscription will be added automatically to your LU-Card. No further action is required. If you don’t have one yet, please apply for an LU Card here.
- After your payment has been successfully completed, you will receive a confirmation, including an invoice, via your work email.
A parking subscription costs €15,50 per month. The costs for an annual subscription are €155,-.
Refund of parking subscription
If you have an annual subscription and your Leiden University employment ends (for reasons of discharge, illness or pregnancy) at least two months before the end of your subscription, you can apply for a refund.
Two weeks before your subscription expires you will receive an e-mail inviting you to renew your subscription via the Service Portal. Please note that this option is only possible one month before your subscription ends.
Automatic access to multiple parking areas
You can only choose one parking location in the Service Portal. However, once you have a parking subscription, you automatically have access to all the parking areas within your zone. For example, if you have a parking subscription for the Rijnveste parking garage, you will also automatically have access to the parking area at the Willem Einthoven building.
Three parking zones
- Boerhaave zone
- Access to Rijnveste parking garage and parking area Willem Einthoven building
- Leeuwenhoek zone
- Access to Gorlaeus parking garage and parking areas Gorlaeus Schotel, Niels Bohrweg, Ehrenfestweg, University Sports Centre
- Centre zone
- Access to parking garages Maliebaan South and Maliebaan North
Access to multiple parking zones
If you need access to multiple parking lots in different zones for your commute, you can request this through the work-work parking application form. However, first check if you may already have access to the requested parking area. If the same parking zone applies, then you already have access to that parking area. Access to multiple zones is only possible if you have an active subscription.
Parking for guest staff members
Guest staff members who are affiliated with Leiden University for a longer period of time can park on the parking areas of the university. A parking subscription requires you to have a LU Card. If you don’t have one yet, please apply for an LU Card here. If you already have one, you can apply for a parking subscription by following these steps:
- Complete the LU Card Right of Access to Parking Form.
- Print the completed form, hand it in at the service desk of the WSD, Pieter de la Court or the Gorleaus building and pay immediately with your debit card. A parking subscription costs €15,50 per month. The costs for an annual subscription are €155,-.
- The service desk forwards your request to the Real Estate directorate.
- You will receive a message when your request has been processed. This can take at least one working day.
Parking subscription conditions
- The faculty or unit issues the parking subscription. Subscriptions are subject to a maximum capacity. Once maximum capacity has been reached, you will be issued a subscription for a parking facility in the vicinity.
- A parking subscription is intended for commuting. It should not be used for long-term parking.
- As a student, you cannot apply for a parking subscription.
Parking in The Hague
There are no parking facilities for staff members and/or guests in The Hague. You can make use of paid parking in the Spui, Plein, Muzenhof or Schedeldoekshaven parking garages.