If you come to work by car, you can apply for a parking subscription for one of Leiden University’s parking areas. The subscription is simply added to your LU Card. You can then use your LU Card to access the parking area. As a student, you cannot apply for a parking subscription.
How it works
A parking subscription requires you to have a LU Card. If you don’t have one yet, please apply for an LU Card here. If you already have one, you can apply for a parking subscription by following these steps:
- Complete the LU Card Right of Access to Parking Form.
- Print the completed form, hand it in at a service desk and pay immediately with your debit card.
- If there is no room left in the parking area of your choice, you will be assigned to an available parking area in the vicinity.
- Two weeks before your subscription expires you will receive an e-mail inviting you to renew your subscription.
If you want access to multiple parking areas, please complete one form per area.
Request access rights on your LU-Card for parking.Request
A parking subscription costs €15,50 per month. The costs for an annual subscription are €155,-. If you wish to also have access to another parking area, you need to submit a separate application for each parking area. The costs for an additional parking area are charged as a 25% surcharge on your existing subscription.
Parking for guests
- Guest staff members and course participants who are affiliated with Leiden University for a longer period of time can apply for a LU Card and a parking subscription.
- Visitors and guests can (at a fee) use the parking area of the University Sports Centre and the Rijnveste garage.
- If you receive visitors at the Gorlaeus (PEW area), Sylvius (PSI, PSA), Snellius or Huygens (PNB area), please notify the service desk. They can report at the gate.
- If you organise an event, you can apply for day tickets for your guests. A day ticket costs €8 per vehicle per day. The application itself costs an additional €25 of administrative charges per application.
Visitors can also make use of paid parking elsewhere in Leiden. For more information, see www.leiden.nl/parkeren.
Exemption from parking fees for disabled persons
If you are demonstrably disabled, you can apply for an exemption from parking fees. This document has to be signed by the designated authority of your faculty or unit. In most cases, this is the director of operational management.
Ontheffing parkeergeld werk-werk verkeer
Parkeert u voor werk-werk verkeer op verschillende parkeerterreinen, dan kunt u een ontheffing van parkeergelden aanvragen. Hiervoor is wel toestemming nodig van uw directeur bedrijfsvoering.
Refund of parking subscription
If you have an annual subscription and your Leiden University employment ends (for reasons of discharge, illness or pregnancy) at least two months before the end of your subscription, you can apply for a refund.
Parking subscription conditions
- The faculty or unit issues the parking subscription. Subscriptions are subject to a maximum capacity. Once maximum capacity has been reached, you will be issued a subscription for a parking facility in the vicinity.
- A parking subscription is intended for commuting. It should not be used for long-term parking.
Parking in The Hague
There are no parking facilities for staff members and/or guests in The Hague. You can make use of paid parking in the Spui, Plein, Muzenhof or Schedeldoekshaven parking garages.