Requesting facilities for working from home
If you work at home on a structural basis – at least one day a week – and you have an employment contract for 19 hours or more, you can request facilities for working from home
Going live in phases
We go live in phases with the 'Facilities for Working from Home' tile in the Service Portal. If you can’t see the 'Facilities for Working from Home' tile for your organisational unit yet, ask your manager how you can submit a request.
Alternative agreements may apply for your part of the organisation. Select your unit from the drop-down menu at the top of this page to retrieve information (if available) from your organisational unit.
You can discuss with your supervisor the option to request the facilities you need in order to work at home in a way that meets health and safety requirements.
There are a number of conditions for being able to request facilities for working from home:
- You have an employment contract for at least 19 hours (0.5 FTE) paid employment
- You have a position that allows you to work from home and you are able to do this on a structural basis at least one day per week
- You work at least 40% of your working hours in the office.
If you have a contract for fewer than 19 hours, you do not have access to the facilities for working from home. However, you can discuss the possibilities with your supervisor, even if you work fewer than 19 hours and you need specific facilities for your work.
Refurbished or secondhand furniture
The University takes its responsibilities regarding the environment and sustainability seriously. We have therefore chosen the option of providing refurbished or secondhand furniture for working from home. It is not possible to specify a particular type or model.
- Meets the NEN-1335 and NPR1813 standards
- The fabric is black
- Height adjustment via a gas spring
- Arm rests can be adjusted for height, breadth and depth
- Fitted with wheels suitable for a hard floor
- Measures 140x80 cm
- Height adjustable manually via a lever
- Frame white
- Desk top white
How to request equipment
- Discuss with your supervisor the equipment you need
- Log in to the Service Portal and click on the 'Facilities for Working from home' tile. Please note: You need a SAP number to which the costs of the item(s) can be charged
- Your supervisor will assess your request
- Once approval has been given, the order will be placed
- It takes about 20 days to receive the order
You are provided with the furniture on the basis of a loan. Gipsen, the supplier of the furniture, uses LOOOPS Service for the delivery of the furniture. If you leave the University’s employment or you no longer meet the conditions for a loan, the loan agreement expires and the standard principle is that you take over the item(s) at their residual value. As the items are secondhand, the sum involved will be low. See the overview of the residual values.
If the loan agreement ends within 12 months of receiving the furniture, you can opt to return it to the supplier, Gispen, via email@example.com.
A limited range of ICT equipment has been made available for working from home. The equipment may be new, but it may also come from a pool.
- Discuss with your supervisor what equipment you would like to request
- Log in to the helpdesk portal and click on the 'Hardware, Office and Telephony' tile
- Once your request has been approved, the order will be placed
- It takes about 20 days to receive the order.
Unlike the furniture, the ICT equipment remains the property of the University. If you leave the University’s employment or you no longer meet the conditions, you have to return the ICT equipment to the ISSC in good condition.