Leiden University is keen to make use of the opportunities offered by social media. The power of social media lies in the personal approach and many departments use social media to stay in touch with their audience, students and staff.
If you wish to be active on social media and have no idea where to start, or if you are already active and have questions or would like to help others, the Leiden University Social Media Facebook group is a closed group exclusively for Leiden University staff members who are or wish to be active on social media. You can visit the group to ask questions or share your experiences. To become a member, you need to have a Facebook account.
- Never publish confidential information
- Think twice before sharing information. Information remains findable for a long time via search engines.
- Do not share any personal details without the permission of the person concerned.
- Be precise; check your facts.
- Be responsible in what you choose to publish.
- Make it clear which information represents Leiden University’s position and which information concerns your personal vision. Use a disclaimer when sharing information in a personal capacity.
- Respect your target group and audience.
- Only use the Leiden University logo for official University accounts.
- Refresh your passwords on a regular basis.
- Consult the Leiden University social media guidelines (Dutch only) for more information on the use of social media.
Inter-Faculty Social Media Team
The Inter-Faculty Social Media Team includes a representative from most organisational units. The team is also active in the closed Facebook group ‘Leiden University Social Media.’ If you have any questions, please consult your contact person:
|Faculteit of eenheid||Contactpersoon|
|Leiden University/SCM||Anne-Fleur van den Wall Bake|
|Archeology||Marten Jesse Pot|
|Governance and Global Affairs||Benedicte Dobbinga|
|Law||Floris van den Driesche|
|Social and Behavioural Sciences||Sabrina Otterloo|
|University Library||Erik Weber|
|ICLON||Carla den Hartog|
|Honours Academy||Floortje Daemen|
You can find an overview of social media channels used by the Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs on the external means of communication page.