Communication | Research
Academics and social media (PhDs)
Academics are often asked about their work or seek contact with the media to talk about their research. This can range from a press release to a radio or TV appearance or from Twitter or Facebook to a personal blog. In the ‘Academics and social media’ course you learn how to make optimal use of the media.
- Target group
- PhD candidate
- Hermen Visser (Science Editor at NTR, VPRO and Leiden.nu)
Discover what social and traditional media can mean for you. What can you do with the different channels?
PhD candidates (Leiden University)
- The use of media, including social media
- Media strategy
- Social media: how and what?
- Traditional media: how and what?
What you'll learn
After completing the course, you will be familiar with the following:
- Why use the media?
- How to use the media (without it taking up too much time).
- What does and doesn’t work.
In the workshops, the trainers will switch between short presentations, real-life examples and discussion.
The workload for this course amounts to 4 hours.