Job interview skills for PhDs
Do you want to apply for a job within the university or with another employer? This course helps you to present yourself in a job interview. You receive tips & tricks, practice with a video and learn from your colleagues. Before registering for this workshop, we advise you to follow the Job Orientation course.
- Target group
- PhD candidate
- Mrs. M. (Marion) Miezenbeek (Qcoach.nl, senior career counselor and trainer)
This course helps you to prepare and present yourself in a job interview.
PhD candidates of Leiden University and the LUMC in their 3rd or 4th year. Please note: we advise you to follow the Job Orientation course, before enrolling in this workshop.
- Preparing and practising for a job interview.
What you'll learn
After this workshop you can present your competences, knowledge and skills in a clear and convincing way in both your CV and your letter of application. You will also learn how to present yourself in an authentic and convincing way and how to prepare for a job interview to be more successful in getting the job you want.
In this workshop, you will focus on practicing the job interview.
In preparation of the workshop:
- use the PhD career platform to make your curriculum vitae (CV) and your application letter, both based on a suitable vacancy.
- email a draft of your curriculum vitae (CV), your application letter and the vacancy to the trainer (one week before the start of the course at the latest).
- take a hard copy with you to the course, because this is the material we work with.
If you participate in this training, you automatically agree to share your CV and letter of application with the trainer and the recruiter. Of course, this information will be treated confidentially.
The workload for this course amounts to 12 hours including attendance and preparation.