Job Orientation for PhDs
Are you in the 3rd or final year of your PhD and thinking about the next step in your career? Do you wonder what your strengths and talents are and what kind of job will suit you? In this course we will explore these questions so you will be able to make an informed and educated decision in finding your next job.
- Target group
- PhD candidate
- Mrs. M. (Marion) Miezenbeek (Qcoach.nl, senior career counselor and trainer)
- This course consists of two training sessions and one individual career coaching session (optional). The total workload for this course amounts to 12 hours - including attendance and preparation
- Start dates 2023
- 18 January, 13 March, 18 April, 10 May, 13 June, 6 September, 24 October, 6 December
Why this course?
This course will help you reflect on your skills, as well as your motivation. A successful job search starts with knowing yourself well. A personal and job market profile will make it easier for you to navigate the job market and search for your next job with more confidence. After this training, you have more insight in yourself and realistic career opportunities. You are able to translate all the information into a personal and job market profile which helps you to approach the labor market in a goal-oriented way.
- Competences, values and drives/motivation and career possibilities in relation to your present or future job.
- Pitfalls and challenges.
- Possibilities for improving your employability.
As preparation for this course you should use the Career platform for PhDs:
- Do the Talent in Focus and take the Work values test.
- Do the Ideal workday-exercise and try to make the first draw of your Personal and labor market profile.
On the basis of these exercises you will work in an interactive way to gain more insight into yourself (your talents, drives and competences). You will also start developing your ‘personal brand’ and learn how to present yourself as a strong, distinctive and unique brand. During the course, you will receive personal feedback and tips and tricks for the future.
- You can register for this course using the registration buttons on the right side of this page. Please note the difference between Staff (employee of Leiden University) and Extern/LUmc (e.g. extern, self-funded researchers or employee at LUmc).
- The course is free of charge for employee- and contract PhD candidates. Check our Terms and Conditions.
- After confirmation we kindly ask you to mark your calendar and save the date(s) for this course.