Job Search Skills for PhDs and PostDocs
Do you want to apply for a job within the university or with another employer? This course helps you to present yourself in a job interview. You receive tips & tricks, practice with a video and learn from your colleagues.
- Target group
- Marion Miezenbeek (Qcoach.nl, senior career counselor and trainer)
- The workload for this course amounts to 12 hours including attendance and preparation
- Start dates 2023
- 28 June, 14 August, 19 September, 13 November, 12 December
Why this course?
This course helps you to prepare and present yourself in a job interview. After this workshop you can present your competences, knowledge and skills in a clear and convincing way in both your CV and your letter of application. You will also learn how to present yourself in an authentic and convincing way and how to prepare for a job interview to be more successful in getting the job you want.
In this workshop, you will focus on practicing the job interview.
In preparation of the workshop:
- Use the PhD career platform to make your curriculum vitae (CV) and your application letter, both based on a suitable vacancy.
- Email a draft of your curriculum vitae (CV), your application letter and the vacancy to the trainer (one week before the start of the course at the latest).
If you participate in this training, you automatically agree to share your CV and letter of application with the trainer and the recruiter. Of course, this information will be treated confidentially.
NOTE: Before registering for this workshop, we advise you to follow the Job Orientation course.
- You can register for this course using the registration buttons on the right side of this page. Please note the difference between Staff (employee of Leiden University) and Extern/LUmc (e.g. extern, self-funded researchers or employee at LUmc).
- The course is free of charge for employee- and contract PhD candidates.