Performance & Development interviews for managers and supervisors
The Performance and Development (P&D) interview is to ensure that all your work contribute systematically to the university’s objective. Conducting R&D interview requires good conversation and motivation techniques. After the training you can effectively communicate with your staff. Also, you can motivate employees to achieve common goals.
- Target group
- De Baak
This course includes all aspects of the Performance & Development cycle: conducting interviews, making agreements on performance and development, and carrying out appraisals.
Managers and supervisors of Leiden University.
- Why are P & D interviews necessary?
- How to make effective and SMART agreements (Specific, Measurable, Acceptable, Realistic, Time-bound)?
- How to appraise and give feedback on performance and behaviour: how do I ensure that an employee will fully understand my feedback and will consequently act on it?
- How do I ensure that my members of staff will have an active role in the P & D interviews?
What you'll learn
After the training you will be able to:
- draw up effective agreements on achieving performance and development on the basis of your team objectives
- appraise systematically the performance and development achieved
- give effective feedback as manager or supervisor
- conduct a Performance and Development interview using the clear framework of the interest of the University as organisation, without losing sight of the interest of the staff member.
During the first training day you will work through the entire Performance and Development cycle with a notional employee. The training alternates between short introductions and practical exercises. During the final session you can practise on a difficult situation taken from your own work experience.
The course lasts a day and a half.
If you have signed up but are unable to attend, you still need to cancel by sending an email to HRM Opleidingen. You can de-register for free up to two weeks before the start of the course. If you cancel within two weeks before the start or you do not show up, an amount of € 500 will be charged.
This course is not available to LUMC employees, guests and others.