Speed reading for PhDs
You probably read a lot of articles, books and other texts, but how can you absorb this information faster? In this training course, you learn to read faster and thus save time. You will also get more out of the texts that you read.
- Target group
- PhD candidate
- Menno Pronker (Personal Coaching & Brain Management)
- The workload for this course amounts to 18 hours, including preparation time, attendance and reading.
Say goodbye to your old reading speed and increase your comprehension of texts. You will be given tips and techniques to use when reading that will save you time and increase your enjoyment of reading.
PhD candidates of Leiden University and LUMC.
- Why do we read slowly?
- Factors that we can change.
- Speed reading techniques.
- Practice and development.
What you'll learn
After completing the course, you will easily be able to increase the speed at which you read and understand texts. You will be able to use various speed reading techniques and adopt a proper reading style . You will easily be able to double your average reading speed. As this does require some discipline in the form of simple daily exercises, you will receive email coaching for the first four weeks after the workshop.
In this training course, you will learn techniques that will have you reading and processing information faster. You will also be given plenty of practical tips. You will be able to use these tips and techniques in your work, and can bring your own reading material to the course.
- You can register for this course using the registration buttons on the right side of this page. Please note the difference between Staff (employee of Leiden University) and Extern/LUmc (e.g. extern, self-funded researchers or employee at LUmc).
- The course is free of charge for employee- and contract PhD candidates. For external PhD candidates, we charge a fee of €100,-.
- After confirmation we kindly ask you to mark your calendar and save the date(s) for this course.