Didactics - University Teaching Qualification
How to design a course (UTQ module)
Design or redesign your course during one half-day meeting, on the basis of a sound analysis.
- Target group
- Mario de Jonge (Teaching Adviser) Arjen de Vetten (Onderwijskundig adviseur)
Do you need to develop a new course or to redesign or further develop one of your existing courses? In one half-day meeting, the ‘How to design a course’ training covers the entire design cycle to allow you to design or redesign your course on the basis of a sound analysis. The session also offers space to share your experiences and receive feedback on the various elements of your course design.
This training is aligned with the UTQ objectives and supports you in working towards your university teaching qualification.
Programme – set up
This training exists of one half-day meeting.
Before you can design or redesign a course it is important to know what the use and relevance of the course is, and how it ties in with the other courses in the curriculum. Once you have a clear idea about these matters, you can look at the basic design of your course on the basis of the concept of constructive alignment. During the meeting the basics of your course, challenges and possible solutions will be discussed.
- Write specific and measurable learning outcomes;
- Analyse a course design based on constructive alignment;
- Give suggestions to improve the course design;
- Describe how to take students’ backgrounds into account.
- For Leiden University and LUMC staff: €125
- For other participants: €175
2,5 hrs assignments and 3 hrs session
- The personal touch makes the course worthwhile.
- The instructor is very enthusiastic and motivating.
- The content and quality of the instruction was good.