Preparing for the new (online) academic year
In the past few months lecturers and students had to make a quick transition to online learning and teaching. A great deal of experience is gained and many lessons have been learned. Now it is time to focus on the upcoming academic year and develop your course based on your experience and adding clever online additions.
- Target group
- Anthea Aerts (Educational Adviser, ICLON) Daan Romein (Educational Adviser/Team leader Teacher Professional Development in Higher Education, ICLON) Daniek Bosch (Learning Designer, Centre for Innovation) Monique Snijder (Learning Designer, Centre for Innovation)
In this online workshop we will support you in designing a sustainable course which is suitable for online and in-class teaching. Both didactical and technical topics are covered and there is ample opportunity to practice. The online roadmap to flexible learning serves as a starting point for your preparation.
The workshop consists of two online meetings, some preparatory work beforehand and in between the meetings. Participants will get feedback from each other and the trainers involved.
What we offer:
- Feedback on your course design and materials with practical ideas to implement;
- The opportunity to practice with tools and programs;
- Suggestions on how to build a relationship with your students;
- Resources with additional support;
- Suggestions on what to work on after the workshop
After the workshop you will be able to:
- Deliver a well designed course, suitable for the long term;
- Apply didactical and technical principles to your teaching.
The workshop is offered in English, but if all participants are Dutch speaking we will switch to Dutch.
There is a maximum of 20 participants, LUMC and Leiden University staff only.