Career development | Personal development
Fund-Raising and Starting a Company
Are you a PhD/ Post-Doc interested in starting a company? This course is designed for researchers wishing to start a company. It includes an introduction to funding rounds and dilution scenarios, an overview of funding available in South Holland, team formation, basics of customer development, a practical discounted cash flow exercise and a Q&A on starting a company.
- Target group
- Roisin Holmes (Business Developer)
A combination of lectures, practical exercises and Q&As.
- Study material
- Presentation and exercises will be provided during the course.
- Introduction to funding rounds and practical dilution scenario
- ELF and UNIIQ presentations
- Team formation and Customer development
- Discounted cash flow practical
- Q&A on starting a company
The workload for this course amounts to 4 hours.
What you'll learn
How to start a company from academia.