Expert-meeting Inclusive Higher Education in 2025: A Sneak Preview
- Sandra Brown, Diversity Manager at Queen Mary University of London
- Hester Bijl
- Friday 16 June 2017
- Koetshuis Kasteel Oud-Poelgeest
Over the past year, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Leiden University and the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam have collaborated on developing good practices to improve the study success of our bicultural students. Our Taskforce will present the results of this collaboration on 16 June 2017 in the form of a working conference entitled The Future Is Diversity. We would now like to invite you to an expert meeting to discuss our shared efforts in this area.
The programme for 16 June, 13.00 – 18.00 hrs:
- Talk by Sandra Brown, Diversity Manager at Queen Mary University, London, on the effective British approach to academic inclusiveness and equal opportunities.
- Panel discussion with representatives from the different universities and ministries that supported the Taskforce of the three participating universities on the subject of how we can best continue our collaboration on this theme.
- Choice of three workshops given by working group members of the Taskforce on promising interventions in the areas of student influx, their progression through their programme and their graduation from the university.
- Presentation of the report of the first year of the Taskforce to Hester Bijl, Vice-Rector Magnificus of Leiden University, one of our commissioning parties.
We would very much appreciate your presence at this meeting. Participation is free. You can register here.