Second edition Symposium "Present-day Practicals" 28 August
- 28 August 2018
- Wageningen University
On the 28th of August Marjo de Graauw, Janine Geerling (Bio-Pharmaceutical Sciences) and their colleagues of Wageningen University organize the second edition of the national Present-day Practicals symposium. This symposium series aims at increasing the quality of laboratory education based on recent insights from educational literature and sharing insights from experiences around all Universities. The emphasis of this years edition will be on the alignment between learning goals, laboratory instruction styles and assessment.
Teachers involved in lab (research)practicals are invited to participate or even present at this national symposium!
Practicals are an essential part of life science education. But how do you set up a practical as effectively as possible? And how do you assess what students have learned? Find out at our symposium ‘Present-day Practicals”!
Date: Tuesday, 28 August 2018
Time: 10:00 - 17:00 h.
Venue: Wageningen University
Registration fee: €39,- including lunch
For whom: Everyone involved in teaching lab practicals (teachers, assistants, educational advisors, education policy makers)
For more information about the program and for registration, visit www.presentdaypracticals.nl
Call for presenters
We are looking for teachers who are eager to share their ‘best practices’ with other teachers during a 15 min lecture or 45 min interactive session. During this session you can, for example, share your course set-up, a solution to a general problem or an improvement you made.
The presentation should at least include:
- The learning goals of the course, preferably including links to learning activities/assignments.
- Information on the study-program (year, # students, length, etc.)
- An overview of the course set-up, including laboratory instruction style / level of independence (e.g. guided, problem-based, discovery, inquiry-based).
- One or more learning activities with a focus on how they are organized, which steps are involved.
- What are strong points and do you have ideas for further improvements?
- Preferably, insight into the student view.
If you want to give a presentation, please apply by filling out this form (link is: https://labbuddy.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c73e48a44fc89481b53f5a2e3&id=c06dc9300a&e=370a0d04f6) before 1 July.