TechTalk: regenerative medicine
- Thursday 15 November 2018
- De Stal
Leiden researchers have a long tradition of partnering with local Leiden or Dutch companies. These partnerships are celebrated across a broad spectrum of relationships, from informal connections, shared studentships and bilateral R&D collaborations, to extensive consortia arrangements with complex public/private funding.
Luris, Knowledge Exchange Office of Leiden University and Leiden University Medical Center, continues to provide support to expand these relationships and is looking forward to exploring how such connections can be created or strengthened. One such initiative is the TechTalk programme.
Together with the Leiden Bio Science Park Foundation, 'Centrum Bioscience en Diagnostiek' (CBD) of the University of Applied Sciences Leiden and LUMC 'Boerhaave Nascholing', we hosted a number of TechTalks - aimed at bringing the research community together, whether based in business or in academia.
- The LUMC human iPSC hotel: a facilitating service
Harald Mikkers, LUMC, Cell and Chemical Biology
- iPSC derived cells in drug discovery and development
Stefan Braam, CEO nCardia
- Gene therapy for retinitis pigmentosa patients
Jan Wijnholds, LUMC, Ophthalmology
- Vascularized organs-on-chips: next generation disease models
Valeria Orlova, LUMC, Anatomy
- Organ-on-a-chip technology as a routine tool in drug discovery and development
Paul Vulto, CEO Mimetas