Network Meeting: Spaces for Active Learning
- Friday 5 July 2019
Niels Bohrweg 2
2333 CA Leiden
The theme "active learning" is quickly gaining momentum in Leiden University. Designing spaces for active teaching and learning can have a large impact on learning outcomes, but comes with many practical challenges. Over the years, all faculties have gained experience in designing and supporting these spaces. Though we are still climbing the learning curve, many lessons have already been learned. This network attempts to bring together this expertise and push the agenda of the theme further.
How can lessons learned be shared? What do we need to take our ambitions further? What are the factors connected to the design and support of learning spaces, and how can we deal with them?
To answer these questions and build on existing momentum, we are hosting an initation meeting for a network of people interested in the topic. The network is for academic and non-academic staff, and students are also very welcome in the network.
Please note: Studio Classroom is in Huygens building, not Gorleus building, as previously stated.
The meeting will occur on a regular scheudle (to be established in this meeting) and will be hosted in a rotating tour around the spaces for active learning & teaching across the University & LUMC. The first session is hosted in the Studio Classroom, in the Huygens Building, on 5 July from 10:00 - 11:30.
The scope of the network is to:
- Get to know the initiatives running throughout all the University's faculties and expertise centres
- See and experience the spaces for active learning and teaching at LU and LUMC
- Assess the needs of knowledge and expertise to be gained
- Grow a body of shared tools, resources, and approaches to the theme
- Share best practices and learn from each other how to successfully design and support spaces for impact on learning outcomes
Tea & Coffee will be provided.