Course | Webinar
Online Alternatives to Lectures
- Friday 12 June 2020
Online Alternatives to Lectures
For: Teachers and educational support staff
Host: Maarten van de Ven, ICLON; Yentl Croese, CFI, Learning Experience Designer
Prior knowledge required? It is good if you have a class you need to teach in which you want to enhance regular lectures by either doing something completely different, or by using some “add-ons”.
Sign-up for free via: https://fd24.formdesk.com/universiteitleiden/webinar12june
During this webinar we will take a closer look into several options and examples on how to change your regular lecture into an even better learning environment for your students. You can think of forums, group assignments and interactive sessions. Be prepared to actively participate in this webinar and be inspired by your fellow participants as well as the presenters. At the end we hope each of you will have an idea of how to improve your regular lectures into an educational highlight.
If you have additional questions, please ask them through the Remote Teaching Tile in the Helpdesk Portal.
Teaching Support Webinars
Webinars on remote teaching are free and open for all teachers and staff.
The Centre for Innovation and ICLON in coordination with faculties are organising webinars to give support on remote teaching. Webinars are held once a week and cover relevant remote teaching topics for Leiden University staff and teachers. They are available to provide up to date information and are a space to ask questions on technical and didacital needs. They are open to all teachers and staff at Leiden University and are conducted in English for inclusivity reasons.
You can find previous topics or rewatch a webinar via the Remote Teaching channel on the Video Portal.
Webinars will be recorded in order to train Leiden University staff in the context of remote teaching. If you do not wish to be recorded, please do not turn on your camera during the class. After the webinar, the recording will be made available in the Video Portal. The recording will be available until 31 March 2022. These recordings can be used for further education if necessary.
To ensure a positive webinar experience for everyone, please pay attention to the following Guidelines:
- We will start at the designated time, no “Leids kwartiertje”. Coming in late means that you will miss out on the introduction and it will be harder to follow the story.
- Please connect 5 minutes before the start time so that you can test your audio and webcam. Also check your browser: Kaltura Live Room works best in Chrome.
- Check your background for privacy. Make sure there is nothing visible that you don’t want shown.
- Are there other people in your home? Inform them you are in a call and you don’t want to be disturbed.
- Remember that the webinar will focus on pedagogy to support teachers. Other questions not answered may be submitted to ISSC helpdesk.
Do you have problems with audio or video?
- Log out and log in again.
- Consider using a different device (if you are on a phone, switch to a computer, or vise versa).
- Check your internet connection.
- Check your browser. Kaltura Live Room works best in Chrome.
- Contact ISSC helpdesk if the problem persists.