Workshop: How to avoid loneliness and find connection as an (international) PhD candidate?
- Tuesday 21 September 2021
- Online (Zoom)
Being an international PhD candidate, away from home, is a harsh reality sometimes: loneliness, homesickness, difficulty making friends, cultural differences. Plus, the stress about work and the concerns about the future seemed well-plugged-in in our mind.
Let's meet and discuss
- How do we avoid feeling lonely, lost and isolated as an international PhD candidate?
- How do we cope with loneliness, homesickness, nostalgia and with the distance from home, family and friends?
- How do we settle down and integrate in our new environment (city, work, etc.)?
- How do we (re)connect with others and create meaningful relationships with them?
- How do we deal with cultural differences?
Let's talk about bringing more connection into our new reality!
The workshop will be organised by Vassia Sarantopoulou. Vassia has already provided two successful workshops for PhD students earlier this year at LEO's request.
Vassia Sarantopoulou is a psychologist, a trainer, a Mental Health Ambassador, and the proud founder and owner of AntiLoneliness, a company offering mental health services in The Netherlands and also worldwide. She is trained in (Group) Schema Therapy and Emotionally Focused Therapy, among other approaches (CBT, ACT, CFT), and she is a member of NIP (Dutch Institute for Psychologists).
For more information, please contact Janneke Vader.